Exercises


27th August 2019-x (Week 1- Week 14)
Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
3D Modelling


Module Outline




Exercises. 

Exercise 1
In our first few classes we were taught how to use Maya. Mr Kannan showed us the basics on how to model in Maya and gave us some tips. We were then asked to model a gun as a practice exercise. I've gotta say, I struggled in this exercise.



Figure 1.1 

Figure 1.2

Figure 1.3

Below is the final outcome of the gun. I really tried my best.

Figure 1.4

Figure 1.5

Figure 1.6

Figure 1.7

Figure 1.8

Besides that we also did a robot as an exercise in class.





Exercise 2
After modelling the gun, in order to get more used to Maya, we were asked to model a vehicle or robot. At first I wanted to do Herbie, however due to my lack of experience with Maya, I struggled modelling it. So I went for a Volkswagen Camper. Below are some reference pictures of the VW Camper




Image result for vw camper
Figure 2.1 VW camper

Related image
Figure 2.2 Vw Camper


Finished in orange and white paint with a "salt and pepper" interior, this 1965 Volkswagen started life as a 13-window bus and was converted to a 21-window Samba bus.
Figure 2.3 Camper

To make it much more easier to model the camper, I searched up for a blueprint on the camper. 

Figure 2.4 Camper blueprint

`
After that I proceeded to model in Maya.

Figure 2.5 Van

Figure 2.6 modeling


Figure 2.7 Modelling

Final Outcome







Comments

Popular Posts