Design Research Dissertation


Week 1- Week 14
Jennifer Tan
Design Research Dissertation
Projects

Lectures
Week 1
For the first week, our lecturer Dr Pouline introduced us to our module. She explained how the dissertation class will be and how it'll be like fo the next 14 weeks.

Instructions




Week 2

Presentation
In our first lecture in week 1, we were asked to do a presentation, showing our research and findings that we collected in our design research class in Sem 2. Its kind of like a proposal. We then presented in Week 2 Below are my presentation slides.



After the presentation, Miss Anis and Dr Pauline both agreed that my research lacked new findings and that it'll be much better if I was able to bring in new findings. They gave me a suggestion that I should investigate movie posters other than Hollywood movies like indie movie posters or movie posters from another culture or genre. After a discussion with Dr Pauline, I decided that I would compare Hollywood movie posters with movie posters of another culture. Initially, I went for Bollywood movie posters but in the end I chose Chinese movies.



Week 3
Introduction

For this week, we were asked to write an introduction for our dissertation. The introduction would include our research questions, problem statement and our research objectives. Below is my first draft of my introduction.





Week 4
Literature Review

We then moved on to our literature review which is so that we can understand our topic more. We were also told to make a conceptual Framework. Below is the file with literature review included.


Week 5
Methodology 

For this week, we focused on the methodology of our dissertation. The methodology includes what methods we have used for research. Below is my document of the methodology of my dissertation.





Week 6
Findings and Discussions

After the methodology, we moved on to our findings and discussions





Week 7
Discussions and Conclusions
This week we had to submit our first draft which includes the Discussions and Conclusions and our references.




Week 8
Book Design
We then proceed to designing our book.



Week 11-14

After designing our book, we proceeded to our publication of our dissertation. We were asked to write our rationales and choose a journal publisher. Below are the outcomes.

Below is the journal rationale and the final publication.




Comments

Popular Posts