Final Project


Week 1-Week 14
Jennifer Tan Qing Ni
Animation Fundamentals
Final Project.


Before our final project, we were to make an animation walk cycle. We first shot our walk cycle in class. Below is mine. I was trying to portray an ignorant bossy woman. I then proceeded to map out my own movements by drawing on photoshop and editing it in after effects.





After that, we were to do a turn around of a random character. Preferably one with 2 feet. I ended up choosing Totoro. 




After that, I later proceeded to applying totoro to my walk. I started to block out how Totoro would walk and I put it in after effects. I first drew it on photoshop. I first blocked the body only then only I added the limbs.




Then I animate it in after effects to see how it would look like.



This is what it looks like.


It look really weird and I got a little confused on how to make it look more natural. So I searched up some gifs on how totoro would walk. Below are the gifs that I've collected. I tried to observe how totoro walks. 




I tried looking at how totoro walks fame by frame. I realised when he steps his foot forward and touching the ground, his weight kind off pull him down so it makes home look "squashed" a little. When he lifts his leg, he stretches a little so it makes him a little taller.


I then tried to apply that to the walk cycle that I drew. Below is the outcome of it.
 

I realised it was a little slow. I also wanted to apply my walk onto Totoro. So I made him slanted so that his head pointing upwards a little so it gives that bossy look kind to Totoro. Below is the outcome after making him faster and making him slightly slanted a little.


I was happy this one. I then proceeded to colouring him in photoshop.



After colouring him in photoshop, I proceeded to animating him in After effects.





Below is the outcome of Totoro's walk cycle with my walk applied.



I then decided to make totoro lip sync to into the unknown. I followed a guide online on how to animate lip movement.
Image result for mouth words animation

I tried to follow the guide and I proceeded to draw the mouth movements on totoro. Below is the final outcome of Totoro singing Into the Unknown. 



Moving on to the final project. We were to make a self introductory video and compile all of our works. I decided to make it a fun one. I first went online and searched up some inspiration. I was thinking of something summery.

Best Design Tumblr Pink Pool Illustration images on Designspiration

Two Pool Vacation by Joanne Ho on Artfully Walls


I then proceeded to illustrated my version in photohshop from inspirations of the above 2 pictures. 



Then I started to animate it in after effects. 


below is the final compilation with one of my favourite lofi music. 




Comments

Popular Posts