Exercises


14th April 2020 - x ( Week 1- Week 14)
Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
Sonic Design
Exercises

LECTURES
Week 1
Lecture 1: Introduction
For the first class of sonic design, our lecturer Mr Razif went introduced us to what sonic design is. He proceeded to brief us on the upcoming projects that we will be doing. He also advised us on getting good headphones as it will benefit us throughout the given projects.


INSTRUCTIONS

EXERCISES
Week 1
For our first exercise, we were given a 4 set of audios. 1 is the original and 3 others are manipulated. Our job is to manipulate the 3 audios in Adobe Audition to match the original audio. We pulled up Adobe Audition and used the parametric equalizer to manipulate the sound waves.

Figure 1.1 Eq 1

Figure 1.2 Eq 2

Figure 1.3 Eq 3
Mr Razif said that some of the EQ are not accurate enough. Some of the bass and treble were a little messed up and that is due to my earbud quality.

Week 2
This week, we were given an exercise in which we were to improve a bomb sound that was given to us. 
Below is the original sound file. 


After that, I went ahead and edited it using the parametric equalizer. 


Below is my first attempt.

After feedback, I manipulated it a little more. Below is the outcome. 


After this exercise, we were then introduced to soundscapes. For this exercise, we were to create environment sounds according to the images provided by our lecturer. Below are the images.


 
After that, I went on freesounds to find some audio that matched the first environment (tube). Below is my first attempt. 

Mr Razif commented that I shouldn't use the voice too much as it might take away the focus of the actual soundscape, just a bit here and there should be okay. The voice should be lowered down so that it doesn't take centre stage. I then went back into Adobe Audition to fix the audio according to Mr Razif's feedback. 
Below is the outcome of the first environment. Mr Razif said that it was much better. 


After that, I continued on with the 2nd environment. We were then told to put our audio along with the image and upload it as a video form. Below are my outcomes. 



Week 03
This week, we were given an exercise in which we have to record our voice using a given script using our phones. Then we were to make the audio sound much more cleaner through clean up in Adobe Audition. 
The script I chose was The Cats Meow tour.



I then proceeded to voice out my script using my phone. Below is the original recording. 

Then I went on to clean up in Audition.


Comments

Popular Posts