Project 1


Week 3-Week 5
Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
Motion Graphics and Compositing
Project 1

Project 1: Technical and Motion Graph Sensibilities
Week 3
For the first project, we were to use the skill that we learnt in the tutorial and apply it to the 1st project. We were to first come up with a composition with the remaining design principles: 
  • Symmetry
  • Focus
  • Scale
  • Rhythm
After that, we were to animate it and compile in the main composition that was prepared for us. 

Figure 1.1 

I then proceeded to start on my composition remix using the animation that I did for the 4 design principles. Below is my first attempt. I added a clap and stomp music to correspond with the motion graphic to make it more exciting. 


Week 4
Mr Fauzi said that it was cool and a good animation. However, it would be better if I didn't animate it with music in After Effects as it would cause some complications and that I should only add music in premier pro after everything is animated. He also commented on one of the shapes being a little complex and that I can just use triangles to simplify it. The shape was also a little off and both weren't the same size. Below is the shape that he commented on. 

Figure 1.2

I then proceeded to edit out the triangle outline and the little circle so it's just the triangle.


Week 5
After that, I proceeded to compile everything together from the Main Composition (composition) and 2 composition remixes together. I added a little introduction as well as a lofi track to compliment with the animation. Below is my final outcome. 


Comments

Popular Posts