Project 2


9th June 2020 - 23rd June 2020 (Week 9 - Week 11)
Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
Sonic Design
Project 2- Storytelling

For this project, we were given a choice to choose a story and narrate it as well as adding sound effects. There were so many choices to choose from. I was debating on either The 12 Dance Princesses or Disney Pixar's Brave. 

I went on Youtube and did some research on some storybooks for the movie Brave as I didn't have a physical copy. I then came across these videos of the actual storybook.




I then paused at each page so that I could draw out a script. I used a few different videos to make the script as some were more descriptive than the other. Below is the script that I have used. 


I then proceeded to record my voice over. It really took me over 10 recordings in order to get the whole storytelling right. I decided to use a Scottish Accent as it was much more relevant due to Brave being a story set in Scotland. I had a blast although my accent wasn't the most accurate. Below are the original files of my storytelling. I split it into 2 parts as there was an error while recording the whole story. 

Part 1

Part 2

After that, I combined the 2 audios together in Adobe Audition and proceeded to edit the storytelling to remove any background noise and clipping in the audio.

Below is the audio after combining and editing it.

After that, I proceeded to add some sound effects that were relevant to the storytelling. I listened to the storytelling audio again to list down some sounds that could be used. 
  1. Bear growl
  2. Limb being chopped off
  3. Horse neighing 
  4. Horse Galloping
  5. Arrow Shooting
  6. Footsteps
  7. Chair pulling back
  8. Heavy wooden door opening and closing
  9. Wielding sword sound
  10. Clothes ripping 
After downloading the sounds both from Youtube and FreeSounds, I started to edit them in Adobe Audition. 

With the sound effects added, I started to look for some background music that would go well with the storytelling. I wanted to find some music that was folklore-ish or something that sounds like it came from Medieval times. Below are some of the music I found that I thought would suit well with my storytelling. 







I then edited it into the storytelling in Audition. Below is my first attempt. 

Mr Razif commented that my voice recording was clean and quite good. For most of the sound effects, he suggested that it should be panned onto the left or right side so that it would provide a better effect and so that it doesn't interfere with the main storytelling. I then jumped back into Adobe Audition and re-edited it according to the feedback. 

Below is 2nd attempt of the audio. 

After the audio was done, I proceeded to add the visuals to the storytelling. At first, I took screenshots of the storybook but, it was kind of bad. So I decided to watch the actual Brave movie and I took a lot of screenshots so that I could use it as a visual for the storytelling. I imported all the screenshots into Premiere Pro and edited it according to the storytelling. 


Below is my final outcome. 



I really had a lot of fun doing this project! Especially when I used an accent to narrate the story although my accent is quite bad and not the most accurate :) It was really a fun experience :3

Comments

Popular Posts