Proposal


Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
3rd April 2019  (Week 1) - x
Design Research Methodology
Proposal

Lectures
Week 1 | 3rd April 2019
For this week, we were introduced to the subject and Miss Jinchi briefed us on what to expect in the upcoming weeks for this subject. This subject can be a branch to what we would want to do for our final year project. We were asked to come up with a proposal to study something that we are interested in that's related to design.


Week 2 | 10th April 2019
For this week, both Miss Jinchi and Dr Yati gave us a lecture about the process of writing a proposal which includes the research problem, problem statement, problem questions and research objectives.



Week 3 | 17th April 2019
This week was all about consultations and we will decided whether or not our proposal is okay or not.

Instructions



Proposal
At first, I wanted to do something related to packaging design. I wanted to make a comparison between Malaysia and other countries on how they approach design on packagings. Personally I find it quite interesting of how each countries approach design. I am particularly fond of designs from other countries like the United Kingdom rather than designs of our own. When you put products from other countries side by side, there is a drastic difference between the 2. In my opinion, most of the time the packaging from other countries are much more visually pleasing. After consulting Miss Jinchi, she has informed me that other countries has a more different approach on their designs. for example minimalism is what Korean and Japanese packaging use on their designs,Malaysians also uses the minimalism but the way we approach it is much more different and that I should compare the 2 countries approach on minimalism and how we can improve.

In the middle of doing this research, I honestly find it quite boring and unentertaining. Hence I switched from packaging design to film posters.

First I tried to brainstorm about what I could talk about when it comes to film posters. I first thought about whether the design of a  film posters can affect the viewership of a movie and if so how and why. Then, while researching the topic, I stumbled upon another topic that I thought would be more interesting, which is finding out why there's a decline in the use of illustrations when it comes to designing film posters.

Week 2
Below is my proposal.
#1st attempt




Week 3
After that, I went for consultations with Ms Jinchi and she gave me some feedback on how to further improve my proposal. Below is my second attempt for my proposal.

#2 Attempt   

Week 4
3rd Attempt

Comments

Popular Posts