Project 2


Week 5 - Week 7
Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
Motion Graphics and Compositing
Project 2


Project 2: Channel Bumper
Week 5
For this project, we were to create a short channel bumper for any channel or brand of our choice. Below are some examples of a channel bumper. Its basically a short channel trailer. 

Video #1 MTV Bumper

Video #2 MTV Bumper 2

I honestly had a little trouble at first on finding a specific style and a specific brand/channel to work with. I went on Pinterest as well as social media to see what sparks joy for myself. I then found some channels that I may be interested in. 

#1 Muji
A Japanese life-style store that focuses on a minimalistic philosophy with an emphasis on recycling, reducing production and packaging waste, and a no-logo or "no-brand" policy.

Figure 1.1 


#2 Innisfree
A Korean Skincare company that uses natural ingredients from Jeju. 

Figure 1.2 Innisfree

#3 Tasty Channel
An online food network that provides easy recipes.



After some research here and there, I liked Innisfree the most and I felt that I could work it much better. 

Research
I scrolled through Innisfree's website to see the things that I could work with. I also watched a few of Innisfree's ad to get a sense of their theme and vibe.


I analyzed a few of their ads and realized that they have a very calm vibe, nothing too exaggerated. Just peaceful and simple. 

Week 6
For the elements that, I decided that I would include the ingredients that Innisfree uses in their product. There was quite a lot of ingredients so I narrowed it down to 4 main ones which were:
  • Green Tea 
  • Hallabong (Korean Mandarin Orange)
  • Cherry Blossom 
  • Lava Seawater
Sketches and Mood Boards
I then proceed to do sketch out some ideas of what I wanted to include in my channel bumper. 

Figure 1.4 Sketch 1

Figure 1.5 Sketch 2

Figure 1.6 Sketch #3

I then proceeded with a mood board for each of the ingredients. I couldn't really find a video online that perfectly described what I wanted to convey. 

Figure 1.7 Lava Seawater Moodboard

Figure 1.8 Hallabong Moodboard

Figure 1.9 Cherry Blossom Moodboard

Figure 1.10 Green Tea Moodboard

I then went and find some inspirations on how I would illustrate my elements. 
Figure 1.11 Moodboard for the style 

Mr Fauzi then advised that I should proceed with a style like the below image.

Figure 1.12 The targeted style

After establishing a style, I proceeded to draw out a storyboard. 
Storyboard #1


Storyboard #2
Storyboard #3
Week 7
Execution
After that, I started to illustrate everything in Photoshop.

Figure 1.13 Illustrating in Photoshop

Figure 1.15 Illustrating in Photoshop 

 
Figure 1.16 Field

Figure 1.17 Pomegranate

Figure 1.18 Lava Seawater

Figure 1.19 Jeju Island

Figure 1.20 Hallabong

Figure 1.21 Green Tea

Figure 1.22 Cherry Blossom


After showing some progress to Mr Faizal, he advised that I shouldn't make it too complicated as its just 15 seconds and that I should shorten it and leave some element for the next project. 

With the illustration done, I proceeded to animate the elements in after effects and compile it all together. 
Figure 1.23 Animating in After Effects
Figure 1.24 Animating in After Effects


Following that, I proceeded to find the music that would go great with the video along with a few sound effects like waves and bird noises. I edited all the sounds in Premiere Pro. Below is the final outcome.





Comments

Popular Posts