Final Compilations and Relfections

Jennifer Tan Qing Ni (0333137)
Typography
Final Compilations and Reflections


Instructions
Exercise
Project 1
Project 2
Final Project


Exercise

Calligraphy
Figure 1.1 Final Outcome: Horizontal, Vertical and Circular Strokes
Figure 1.2 Final outcomes of letters A-H

Figure 1.3 Final Outcomes of letters I-P

Figure 1.4 Final Outcomes of letters Q-X
Figure 1.5 Final Outcomes of letters Y-Z
Figure 1.6 Final Outcome on Graph Paper

Figure 1.6 Final outcome on A4 paper
Lettering
Figure 1.7 Final Outcome of Name- Static

Figure 1.8 Final Outcome of Name - Gif
Type Expressions
Figure 1.9 Final Outcome of Type Expressions


Figure 1.10 Final Outcome of Sparkle- Static

Figure 1.11 Sparkle - Animated


Figure 1.12 Final Outcome of Heavy - Static


Figure 1.13 Final Outcome of Heavy- Animated


Projects

Project 1


Figure 1.14 Embedded Item- PDF of Project 1


Figure 1.15 Printed book- Book Cover

Figure 1.16 Printed Book (page 2-3)

Figure 1.17 Printed Book (page 4-5)

Figure 1.18 Printed Book ( page 6-7)

Figure 1.19 Printed Book (Back cover)
Project 2- Font Design
Figure 1.20 Final Outcome of Font Design of my initials- JTN
Final Project- Social Issue poster
f
Figure 1.21 Final Outcome of Poster (Static)

Figure 1.23 Final Outcome for Poster (animated)

Experience
Typography has been such a ride. When I came in, I literally thought it was gonna be class where we learn writing calligraphy with brush pens but that was not the case. Honestly, I didn't think that it will be this tough until the work came in. There has been a lot of times where I have been so stressed out because of the assignments, because my works are normally being rejected, but I know it is all for the best. I find animation the most annoying, as I've redone them, at least  9 times, and of course, I learned from my mistakes. Sometimes, although I find typography very tough and stressful, I do find it quite beneficial for me, especially when I take graphic design route as a career. Typography is very powerful to enhance a design and its quite crucial when it comes to transmitting a message.

Observation
In class, each and every person is different and we each have a different way of interpreting our own personality on the designs and each design is really unique and it really does emanate them. Besides that, this module has really made me realise what my weaknesses are. Especially during the processes of completing a task. From each and every rejected work, I can see what I'm good at and I'm not. I can also see my own improvements throughout the weeks and seeing how far I've came. Besides that, other than just the teachers feedback, I also get inspired from my peers, to see how and what they did and learn from them.

Findings 
This module is really eye opening for me. I went from being so obvious about typography to actually appreciating it now. Now that I see posters around me or any billboards, I will actually be more aware on what goes on in a poster and also the typography of it. I tend to look at what type of typeface is being used, the colour choices, the kerning, size and other factors when it comes to typography. It also made me realise the mistakes I always do in typography, which is trying to visualise everything when it comes to typography, rather than making it just words. All in all, typography is a good experience.

And thats a wrap!

Comments

Popular Posts